Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/14/2012

A week full of birthdays

     Hello there my crafty friend, always happy to see you. I hope you find a little inspiration after seeing what I've been up to :) This week is a busy week for birthdays for me. It actually started last week with my niece's on the 9th, my very good friend in Nova Scotia celebrated hers yesterday, my aunt and cousin were both born on the 15th, (mother and daughter) my cousins sons is on the 16th, (same cousin)  my mother in laws is on the 19th and another really good friend of mine has hers on the 20th. That's a lot of bday cards!!!
     Unfortunately I have been busy busy around the house though, well as much as I can that is, my body only lets me do so much then retaliates for hrs on end :(  And although I am feeling much better than last week when I felt like I had a flu bug/cold I am not having a great week pain wise. So with all this yuckyness going on and trying to get things accomplished on the house so we will be able to put it on the market soon I haven't had any mojo. I spent over a week trying to come up with a card for my Sketch Challenge over at The Outlawz. Anndddd you probably already know I love playing in the weekly challenges over at the Peachy Keen Challenge blog as well and this week is anything goes....I just haven't been able to come up with anything....yet!!
     Well this is the first card I got finished for my Nov. birthday list and I followed the sketch to help me create it.  We have some amazingly talented designers and members submitting awesome awesome projects over there, so come on over and check us out, hopefully you will be inspired to play along. We also have many many great companies sponsoring our challenges too.
This month our sketch challenge sponsor is:
you have to check them out, they have lots of great products at great prices...

and my interpretation
I think this one will be for my MIL, she loves flowers

    I used a retired set called spring Bouquet for my main focal image which I stamped 3 times, then coloured and hand cut to get lots of dimension for the flowers and the handle of the pot. I coloured this gorgeous peachy keen image using my limited supply of copics. I am still learning so I'm no where near as talented as so many fellow crafters, someday I hope to be at least close to that calibre though LOL.  I realize there are three layers to the focal image, and when I cut out the lacey circle I intended to cut out another layer in a different colour before pop dotting my image to it, but not thinking...I  inked it up and forgot about that little plan LOL....but I did layer and pop dot the heck out of the flowers so I figure I covered all the layers that way, LOL And I had a totally different idea for my side embellishment as well, was planning on a really pretty large bow, but at the last second decided a gem flourish and 3D butterflies would be nicer next to all those pretty spring flowers for a birthday card. I think a ty or get well card would look fantastic with a big bow! What do you think....maybe I should make this card again and add a bow to see how it would look!
Supply list: 
Copics used: V15,  RV02, YR02, YR20, Y13, Y02, YG17, G17, G99, C-0
Image and sentiment ~ Memento ink - black tuxedo
Stickles: yellow, cotton candy, fruit punch, orange
Spellbinders: Lacey Labels - Ovals, nested lacey pennants, (cut once on white, embossed and inked, then traced the die and cut by hand in pink cs for matting, then pop dotted)
Used a precut Large card base from Michaels and matted it with a piece of designer paper from my scrap dp drawer. :)
PK-284 Spring Bouquet- this set is wonderful, it has so many great sentiments so the image can be used for lots of special occasions, the Happy Birthday being one of them, I LOVE IT, to bad it's retired! :(

     Ty so much for stopping by, I hope you like my card! Please leave me a comment so I know you were here and I will come and see what you've been working on....make any birthday cards lately? LOL  :)  Take care and happy crafting! Sending you big inky hugs and glittery wishes for a great week! Stay safe and be blessed! :)

Cindy 



7 comments:

  1. Your card is great Cindy!!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch...I know what busy is...I'm beginning to stress...I havne't even started MY xmas cards yet..been working on everyone's orders LOL gotta love it. --C

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card honey. stunning card as always. Hope you are well. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! The butterflies are gorgeous and I love the dimension that you've given them.

    Enjoy all the celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a pretty take on that sketch! Love the flowers & the sparkle you gave them. And I always love the 'flies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty. Those butterflies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete