Darling Butterfly

Followers

6/06/2012

Splish Splash

     It's a "Pool Party Bash"!  This weeks Peachy Keen challenge is Just cards and I have been trying to come up with a card for this adorable stamp! PK-M08 mini piggy tubby time, isn't it just to cute.
PK-M08 Mini Tubby Time
     I wanted it portrayed as a pool so I cut it out and layered it several times omitting the bubbles and covering the ones in front of the wash tub with a beach ball :) I thought about colouring the tub in different colours to make it look like one of those rainbow blow up pools but didn't want to change it that much!

Challenges

I layered it several times so the right piggy would be stuck out in front of the left one and so the tub itself would stick out in front of both of them giving them dimension and depth. The umbrella is cut from my Shower Peepers die CC-PK4X6-005. I love the dies just as much as the stamps, and they can all be co-ordinated with each other so well. I used PK-150 Accessories Assortment One to give them sun glasses :) I was so happy their was a pair small enough, ty Kathy J!  :)
     I painted a round toothpick white to be my pole to my beach umbrella but couldn't find it when I went to add it, no idea where it ran off to, lol so I cut the centre out of a q-tip and used that instead :)  

     The very back scalloped circle mat is a quickutz die and the pink and top ones are the two largest spellbinders Peony dies. I used copics to colour my grass, tub, piggies, beach towels, umbrella and two bottom mats. I don't have blue so I used prismacolour pencils to do my sky. :)  I drew and coloured the splashes on then covered with baby blue stickles, added stickles to the water in the tub as well to make it glisten. I randomly added some "stickles puddles" of water on the grass. :) The beach towels are a See D's stamp, they were to wide so I cut some off of them. The patterned designer paper is a very old piece of BoBunny from my stash, (I hope I remembered that right, it's the only thing I didn't write down, I noticed the name when I was added the double sided tape) 
     I am so happy you had a chance to drop by and check out my latest PK challenge card, it took me forever to make this one, including starting several other cards, lol! I have some background for other cards ready now LOL! Let me know what you think. Thank you so much, hope you have a great rest of the week, keep the rubber in the ink and stamp, stamp, stamp!  

Copics used:  Piggies:  RV10, E21, E00 cheeks, R20
                      Grass: YG17, YG03, G17 colourless blender 0
                      Umbrella and pink and green mats : R81, YG03
Prismacolour Pencils used :  Sky  304, 364, PM-121 colourless blender
                                           Water: 305, 320     baby blue stickles


Cindy   :)


6 comments:

  1. What an ADORABLE scene you made here. I'm totally in love with this piggy pool party. Great colors too! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. ty Glora :)

    for some reason when I go to my blog from my regular spot I see it correctly but when I go to it from the two challenges I entered it into I get this weird looking plain two shades of blue blog with pink and black lettering :( What is going on???? Anyone know???? I never seen this before, but I have only been blogging since Oct. This is ugly and not very nice!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you link up your project to a challenge, are you sure you picked the right picture? Or that you copied the right URL to put in? Just some suggestions; good luck :)

      Delete
  3. I love this card! Especially the way you customized your stamps to fit your design. Those piggies look like they are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so wonderful - love how you made it work for what you wanted. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So fun! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete