Darling Butterfly

Followers

5/16/2012

It's Time....

Challenge
     It's that time again for another Peachy Keen Challenge! This week it is a sketch challenge. I decided to make a retirement card using two of my aunt's 3 newest stamp sets that will be living at my house YAY!!!! Ty so much Aunt Kathy. And she entered her first PK challenge this week too, it's very cute, but she doesn't have a blog yet so she emailed it in!
    I have been busy busy all week and only had the last two hrs of the challenge left to come up with a card. I have been thinking about it off and on but just couldn't come up with anything. This isn't my best creation to date but it's still kinda cute, after all it's got a Peachy face on it which makes everything cute, thank goodness :) 
   I used PKSC-04 April 2012 for the stop watch, hat and sentiment along the bottom, and the clock faces for the red strip. For the face, arm with beer, and arm that I added another beer to after cutting it out of the hand  is from PKSC-02 February 2012.
     All paper is from my stash. I used my MS Arch Lattice border punch to make my strip down the right side and hand wrote Retired!! I used Spellbinders curved rectangles to cut the red mat, then traced the inside of the same size die on the blue and hand cut so I could have the slight edge effect.
     I used gold and silver gel pens to colour the stop watch, red gel pen for the tongue, my pearl pen to cover the centre area of the watch so it kind of looks like the background is made from a shell, some very expensive watches have that type of background for their faces and I love how they look :) I then used my snow writer for the foam on the beers :) Cheers
     I hope you like my card this week, it's not about to win any challenges I know but I had to play to get my name in for the draw at the end of the month for the $30.00 gift certificate from PK. Did you know that if you play every week, and I do :) you get a chance at winning one? You should join in the fun, there's a lot of awesome talent over there!
    Ty so much for dropping by, I hope you have a minute to leave me some love and I can visit you to see what you've been up to lately and leave you some love back:)  Have a great week and if this coming wkend is a long one for you, like it is for me have a great time and stay safe. May god bless you and yours, until next time happy scrappin' !

Big inky hugs
Cindy    :) 

3 comments:

  1. TOO CUTE! Love that face with the beer mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little beer mugs! good job. --C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your card is so fun!! I love the adorable party clock.. Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen last week..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete