Darling Butterfly

Followers

4/02/2012

Peachy Keen Challenge 11: 3D Object::Candy Containers

     Hello again my crafty friend :) Well this week's challenge over at Peachy Keen is to make a 3D container that holds candy, perfect timing with Easter next wkend. I made two egg shaped boxes for my grand nephews to hide a little surprise inside for them :)
     This paper was so pretty on both sides, I picked it up at one of the $ stores last yr I believe and just love it. It's thick and sooo colourful on one side and light with a scene on the bottom section and the sentiment on the top section with a big empty space in between, obviously perfect for a scrapbook page but it made for cute sides to my boxes. The boys are quite young and the boxes will be destroyed in no time, which is fine, but that is why I only put my time and effort into decorating the lids and making the boxes themselves.
 The eggs in the grass are mini stickers I stuck to cardstock and cut out
The bow on the lamb is a rub on, I just noticed I forgot to colour her nose, off to fix that up!
 
I still want to put a hot wheels car in the bottom and some jelly beans, right now I have tissue paper in the bottom for the chocolates to rest on, I will hide them under it, hehehe, so fun.
The lamb is cut at 3" from the Animal Kingdom cricut cart. I used the matching PK face stamp from PK-750 Animal Faces -small set made for this cart. The bunny is Paintin Easter Bunny by Cottage Cutz and has a PK face which comes with it, but this bunny was originally a peachy keen stamp that they had made into a die, isn't that the coolest. The grass is cut with the icicle MS punch, and the regular egg and scalloped egg shapes were cut using the Easter 2010 cricut cart.

How I made the boxes
 This was the second box, I didn't take pics while making the first one, didn't think of it :)
 I glued two scalloped eggs together to give a strong base to glue the box and lid pieces to.



Challenges

     I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you like my project today. Maybe you will get a chance to make some of these for all the little ones on your list :) They are large enough for a small toy and candy/chocolate tooo! If your not doing a whole basket of stuff these are the perfect size. Please feel free to let me know what you have in mind, I'd love to pop over to your blog and see what you've come up with. I hope you have a great Easter if your celebrating the holiday. Take care of you and may you always be blessed with crafty time :)

Cindy  :)



8 comments:

  1. Those are just so sweet!! Very cute for Easter treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 'em. You're right, youngin's won't let those boxes last long...but the whole idea is simply beautiful. I'm still trying to come up with something for that challenge. TFS
    --C
    christinescreativecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy ~ These are seriously ADRABLE! what a CLEVER idea! ! am going to have to try and make these in the future! I LOVE what cuts and dies you used too! I think your grandnephews are just going to LOVE these..I know i would! Great job and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Easter Candy Boxes are super! Everything about them is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute and yummy!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable !!! I love how you created your own egg boxes, and all the details !! Thanks for linking up with us at Peachy Keen this week !!!

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! These ROCK! You make some of the coolest 3D projects. I LOVE love LOVE these! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those candy containers, thanks for the idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete