Darling Butterfly

Followers

4/03/2012

Case a Card

     Hello there, how are you? Today I thought I would share my "Case a card" with you. My favourite place to play is over at The Outlawz and I was asked to be on the sketch design team recently. What an honour that was :) It is an awesome site, everyone is so friendly and genuinely cares about you. There's chatting and sharing and of course prizes for the challenges. We have a new challenge every day that run for one week each, and one that runs 2 -3 weeks at a stretch. Won't you come over and join us, you'll be glad you did. The prizes are awesome, including 50.00 from Oozak every month, several different stamp companies, copic classes, cryogen paper for copics to name a few. And I hear we have an new one coming....something to do with copics :)
     Well the reason for this post is to show you the card I made for the Case a Card challenge in the Monday Greeting Card challenge last week. It was our faithful leader, Colleen Holmes birthday and our challenge was to case one of two of her cards.
     

These were the cards we could choose from, I chose the first one to case. We also had to change 3 things while still being able to see elements of the same design :)
 I used one triple layered butterfly, I forgot to emboss the background it sits on so I stamped it with versamark flourishy hearts. I doubled the amount of flowers, changed the shape of my sentiment piece and used the flourish instead of the ribbon. The colours are all in purples, I have such a time with some papers showing up their true colour. I cut the largest butterfly out of the deeper purple background piece and put a white mulberry paper that has hearts in it behind. I think it adds another layer of demension without really adding another layer. And added some yellow stickles here and there for my other colour, instead of pink.
     I hope you like my card, I'm not sure that I cased it very well, I'm not really very good at that but I do like how it turned out, don't you? Please leave me a comment so I know you came by and I can come visit you, and have a craft happy day.

Cindy   :) 

3 comments:

  1. I do like the dimension you gave the butterfly. I also like the scroll work and the heart on the bottom. Good job.
    --C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are totally awesome. I do have to say your first butterfly card is so elegant you have out done yourself on that card it is fantastic. Sugar Nellie card is just beautiful also love your coloring. The triple layer butterfly I love the dimensions and the dp is wonderful. Love all the cards. :•)
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ty so much Patricia for your kind comments about the above cards. I do however need to set the record straight hun, the first two cards were done by Colleen Holmes, I chose to "case" the first card for the challenge, therefore the third card you see is "my" card. I can't take the credit for the first two cards, and I agree they are gorgeous :) Ty for thinking I was soooo talented, big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete