Darling Butterfly

Followers

2/27/2012

Peachy Keen March release party

     Hi there my crafty friend, sry I didn't get this posted sooner but I was out of town at my sisters for the weekend, to whip up a wedding scrapbook album :), almost done, about 4 more pages to go and the final touches.
    Peachy Keen had a release party on Sat, I have never attended one before so I was very excited to see what it would be like :) I am thrilled to say it was lots of fun, I was chatting with so many peachy keen lovers it was awesome, :) !
     At the release Lorie Souther asked a few trivia questions and posted a couple challenges for us to do to try to win the grand prize of a 50.00 gift certificate. I could really use one, I am on a spending hiatus indefinately and will be experiencing retail therapy withdrawal shortly. I was rather lucky though and I won the second trivia question prize which is my choice of a 4" face stamp, not to bad there's not that many to choose from, makes it easier on me, and of course they are totally adorable so it really wasn't that easy to decide :)\
     This is my entry for the first challenge MARCHRP#1 which was to use at least two different patterned papers. I received the spring die cut collection as a gift from hubby for our 30th anniversary on the 13th of March and I wanted to use them on my cards, :) The background dp has white snowflakes printed on it but they didn't stand out a lot. I was going to put a gem in the middle of each flakes but decided there were quite a few and I prob wouldn't have enough so I used a glue pen and MS glitter to make the flakes more noticeable :) The face and scarf were pop dotted, then I pop dotted the bird and brach as well. It turned out cute I think, I love it :)

     My entry for the second challenge is going to be for my sister. I visited her for the weekend to help her make a wedding scrapbooking album for her step son who is getting married on March 9th, they just told us last week, woohoo! This challenge we needed to use Lorie Souther;s favourite things which is ribbon and bling, I can relate :) My sister surprised me on fri night and took me to the movies to see The Vow. Inside it says, thank you for walking beside me and being my friend :) This little chicks are so darn cute too :)I love my PK stamps and dies :)
     Thank you for dropping by today and checking out what I made and shared with you, it really mean a lot when you take the time to visit me and comment so I know you were here, your so awesome :) Have a great day and happy scrapping :)

Cindy   :)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, Cindy! The designs and cute faces are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You are hilarious!! I was just reading the comment you left about my door hanger!! :D

    ReplyDelete