Darling Butterfly

Followers

12/14/2011

Two more Christmas Cards

      Hi there, glad your here because today I have a couple more Christmas cards to share with you! I wanted to join in the Tuesday colour challenge over at The Outlawz and came up with these quick and easy cards. Well, one was easy, the other was a little more tedious than I anticipated. The colour challenge was to use Winter Amethyst (pale purple) white and Wondrous Blue (pale blue) LOL but I do love the fancy names for colours. The challenge came with a twist, which was to add sparkle, now that is right up any crafter's ally, if there is one thing we understand it's sparkle!!!! LOL
     For my first card I decided I wanted to use my quickutz (now lifestyle crafts) 4X4 snowflake die and my quickutz (Lifestyle crafts) Merry Christmas die, which came in the Jolly limited edition set. There are 3 snowflakes on the die and  as a set they look kinda cool. I had some premade blank cards from the $ store that come in a pack of 5 with envelopes and come in all kinds of colours. Each pack is one colour and the cards are really shiny on the outside. Now I don't use these cards the way they are and decorate them, because to me I would be wasting the pretty back half of the card. so I always use them as mats or as die cuts, cause I love how they cut out so nicely and the added shine is awesome.
     O.K. so I cut one of these cards in half, then made a slightly larger white card base. I took the blue cs and put it on top of the snowflake die that I positioned in the cuttlebug and ran it through. Then I turned it over and ran it through again with the sentiment die. I ran the white card base through the xyron to make it sticky and glued the blue negative to it. I took all the little bits out of the snowflakes and put them in the negative ones on my card, this was the tedious part. Then I dipped the edges in purple glitter, and poured white glitter over the snowflakes and sentiment giving me my three colours for the challenge, and my sparkle  :)
     So now I have the positive snowflakes and sentiments left over and decide that I really should make another card with them. I made a small card base and ran it through the xyron, stuck the snowflakes and sentiment on then covered in purple glitter, then added the white pearls to the snowflakes. Another set of easy peasy cards. I have a very close friend that totally loves the colour purple so this card has her name all over it, LOL   No her name isn't Merry Christmas, smarty pants, LMBO
     I just stumbled across a challenge site where it's Christmas all year round, the absolute perfect place for me to play, because I adore making Christmas cards. Maybe someday I can try out for their design team! WOOT!!

Challenges


     Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you like what I shared with you today. And if you like the dies I used check out lifestyle crafts to see all their fun dies :)Please leave me a comment so I can come by your blog and check out what you have been making lately. Have a great day, hope to see you again soon, bye for now!

Cindy   :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! My favorite is the purple one....love the color and all of that glitter =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, as usual!! Love them BOTH, but I like the blue one better myself. I've finally started my own cards, lol (and I've only got until Wednesday to do at least 15 cards, procrastinating all the way)

    ReplyDelete