Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/02/2011

Snow Friends

     Heyyy, the best season of the year is almost upon us and if your like me you need a ton of Christmas cards. I like to make them all year round, cause I love Christmas and anything related to the season. That is really evident if you check out my stamp selection and die cuts, and carts and 3 drawers of Christmas paper alone etc. All other occassions DP are in one drawer  all together. LOL
     This card was so fast and easy so if your running low on time you can whip up a few dozen  of these in no time. The stam
s is one of my all time fav Christmas stamps from Inkadinkadoo, it's just the cutest image ever! I love it and use it every year on a few of my Christmas cards for friends and family.
Challenges
I made this card for the twisted Thursday challenge over at The Outlawz a few weeks ago. Card sketches and challenges are an awesome way to get your seasonal cards made, especially if you've lost your mojo or are just out of ideas on card LO's.
     This was the challenge info:  "Ok are you ready, grab a mixing bowl and a spoon, this week we have a RECIPE!!! First start with plain paper...NO patterns...then add a couple of critters, next add a swirl, and last throw in a bit of testure...and you have instantly and amazing card!!!"


     For this card I started with a plain white card base, and cut a plain white mat slightly smaller. Embossed the middle section with my "diving swirl" Cuttlebug embossing folder, using a technique with a red rubber gasket to leave the centre section un-embossed. Then embossed the ends with my "Crafts-Too" snowflakes embossing folder. I actually forgot to add the score lines Intended to add between the different embossed sections, which would have looked a lot better but I was trying to hurry and get the card done and posted in time. I stamped the image and coloured it, adding stickles to the snowflakes and let it dry. I cut out the sentiment with my 2008 Quickutz limited edition holiday gift set, ran through the Xyron and attached. Inked the edges with a co-ordinating blue ink, and added gems to the snowflakes for added texture and that touch of bling that goes with all Christmas cards. TaDa...done!!!
     Thank you for stopping by my blog today and I hope you found some inspiration to get crafty. Try out this easy to whip up card using your fav image next time you need a quick card for an unexpected visitor around the holidays. I hope you enjoy the holidays and the merriest of wishes to you and yours!


   Cindy :) 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment