Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/27/2011

Peachy Keen recipe Challenge

     Hi my crafty friend, so happy you dropped by today. I have been very busy working on lots of challenges. This one is a recipe challenge for peachy keen. This recipe has been a tradition for as long as I can remember and there is usually more than one pan made per Christmas season. It was my grandmother's recipe that we all loved. I was raised by my grandparents and when I was a young teen my grandmother showed me how to make it and it later became my tradition. Since she passed I am the only one in the family that still makes it, and I love it. I usually make two large square pans by doubling the recipe, saving one pan for my house and the other gets divided in two. Half is a gift for my brother, the rest a treat to take to my cousins house for our annual family Christmas get together on New Year's Eve.
     I am really happy that Peachy Keen had this challenge because I have wanted to do a 2 pg LO of this recipe for a few yrs now, this just motivated me to go ahead and get it done :)  My aunt is looking forward to seeing it and she will probably get motivated to do one for herself as well. Which will be great because it's so neat to see how other's perceive a challenge and using the same idea and pictures, how different the LO's will be, I can't wait to see hers. Warning you now, this is a pic heavy post, LOL! But I don't want you to miss any of the little details!
The first pic is of the 2 pg LO, the rest are the pg's individually, full pic's and close up shots. Please check them all out, the recipe is typed within. Who knows, it just may become a traditional recipe at your house tooo!!! That would be awesome.
MUCK ~ N ~ GOO


That's what my grandmother always called it. We don't know where this recipe originated from and didn't really care, we only wanted to be sure it was a part of every Christmas get together.  
1 pkg. miniature marshmallows, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, to pkg Mr. Christie Chocolate wafers...crushed or 1/2 a box of Oreo baking crumbs. Desired amount of sweetened flaked coconut.
 Grease a 10X13 baking pan, (glass or metal), sprinkle bottom with coconut to thinly coat. Mix remaining ingredients together well. (my hubby had to do this part for me, it's to hard for me to mix now).
 Spoon the mixture onto the coconut in large dollups, this isn't real easy to work with and needs to be done kind of quickly, the longer it sits the harder it is to move around, spreading really isn't possible, LOL. Sprinkle the top to lightly  coat with more coconut. Let set. For the purpose of this post I cut a piece out of it just to take a pic, once set it will be nice and neat on all sides. But it tasted just as yummy unset, LOL!
                                                                              ENJOY
Ohhhh YUMMMMMM.....
The original recipe calls for chocolate wafers by Mr. Christie, but they have to be crushed and I am unable to perform said task at this time so I opted for the Oreo Baking Crumbs instead, they were also on sale close to a $ cheaper than the wafers....it's a win win!  :)





I used a few different PK-570 Basic Paper Doll Face Asst. stamps on the marshmallows and a variety from PK-493 Everyday Character Faces Parts and MORE on the chocolate wafers!!  I printed and cut out pics of the ingredients, mounted on white cs and cut out to frame. I used spellbinders classic circles to cut out the chocolate wafers and classic ovals to cut out the coconuts, then did a bit of hand cutting to reshape. The bowl and apron are cut from  Everyday paper dolls. I cut the bowl once ea in red, white and very light brown and the apron once ea in christmas designer paper and white cs. I then cut the lower part of the patteren paper away and glued to the white one to give it a lace trim, then I used a 5/16 whole punch to add the hole for visual effect. The white strips cut with the MS drippy goo punch are to represent the sweetened condensed milk. The recipe card holder is a premade pocket that came in my 2008 quickutz Christmas die cut set to hold the recipe ingredients and instructions.  





 I stamped the pattern on the bowl with white pigment ink then used the heat tool to set.
 Hand shaped coconuts....not bad I guess. 
Challenges

     I hope I have inspired you to do layouts of your fave holiday tradition recipes. They will be all beautified for generations to come. What a fabulous recipe book that would be filled with family favourite recipes....I think I am going to start one and this is the first LO for it...YAY! Thank you PK for the idea. Glad you stopped by today, hope your day is scrappy in the peachiest of ways!  

                      Cindy   :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Cindy
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your layout is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, the layout IS inspiring, but how can I compete?? You're the BEST. BTW, you're making me hungry to go and get the ingredients. YUM Cheers, Brat :)

    ReplyDelete